The mission of the Morrison Healthcare Dietetic Internship is to educate and prepare dietetic interns to become competent as entry-level registered dietitians. The program provides a flexible environment that promotes skills in lifelong learning and professional growth.
Program Goal #1
To produce dietitians who are prepared for a variety of entry-level nutrition careers including clinical, food management, community, public health and long term care.
- At least 80% of program interns complete program/degree requirements within 13 months for full-time and 21 months for part-time (150% of the program length).
- 90% of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
- The program’s one-year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration exam within one year of first attempt) on the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists is at least 80%.
- 90% of the program graduates will agree that the internship prepared them to perform as an entry level registered dietitian.
Program Goal #2
The program will prepare entry-level dietitians who demonstrate a high level of professional behaviors, leadership within the profession, and commitment to active community and life-long learning.
- Of graduates who seek employment, 90% are employed in nutrition and dietetics or related fields within 12 months of graduation.
- 90% of employers of graduates 'agree' or 'strongly agree' they are very pleased with the graduates overall job performance on the 1-year Employer Evaluation.
- Within 3 years post-graduation, 70% of graduate alumni will demonstrate leadership in the dietetics profession.
Internship outcome data available upon request.